Monday, July 14, 2008

Bored, hence the change...

I am bored... at work... have a slight headache... lots of things to do... can't seem to prioritize when everything needs to be done at the same time... can't decide which should be done first... so I did what I have to do... change the look of the blog ;-P

The only thing I disliked about the old version was the fact that they didn't have the "Previous Posts" link at the bottom of the page. And since I'm trying to post more blog entries from now (hahaha...) I guess I better make thins change, so that I don't have to put so many blog entries on the first page and make it ridiculously long that you need 10 scrolls to get to the bottom of the page.

I've started teaching Rayyan how to read in Malay, using the syllable method, according to the proven lessons taught in the "Bacalah Sayang" book we published and reprinted over and over again since 1995.

So now, Rayyan knows how to pronounce a, i, u, e, e, o (it's confusing coz we have the "e" as in epal and "e" as in emak...) but Rayyan knows now that there two sounds of "e"s.

He also knows the sounds of ka, ki, ku, ke, ke, ko.... so with these few syllables, hopefully by the end of the month he can read...

kuku kaki
kuku kaki aku
kaki aku kaku

How I managed to teach him without having him to sit still? I'll show you the pics later...

0 comments: