Monday, June 08, 2009

Me no fingernail...


During Felishia's engagement ceremony tu my left ring finger was swollen gila babi and hurts like mad, especially bila terlanggar something...

It all happenned about a week before that, the usual kuku cengkam isi sampai bernanah at the side of the finger tu.... I thought it's the usual thing that happened before.. 2-3 days max, and it all will dry up leaving the dried skin that could be peeled off and that's it.... BUT NO!!!

2-3 days after that the finger got swollen, filled with water.. I had to use a needle (that I sterilized with hot water) and poke small holes so the water could get out coz the pressure that built up in there was so painful!! and then the nanah also didn't stop...

so, couple of days after the engagement, I went to see Dr Herbert Ambrose at Klinik Mediviron @ Giant Kelana Jaya. It so happenned that he is the MASTER of nails... toe or finger... and he has pulled out more fingernails that you can imagined... hehe

He gave me 2 choices: a stronger medication to hopefully stop the nanah and hopefully make the pain go away later.... or pull out the fingernail and clean up whatever mess that was building inside the finger...

I chose the 2nd option.. 'coz the pain was next to unbearable...

Dia cabut hari tu jugak. First up, anaesthetic shot.. he had to inject 4 times into the finger... kesakitannya macam disunat kali kedua! No kidding! Especially the last one, where he jabbed into the finger from underneath it, almost reaching the finger nail... GILA BABS!

The removing of the finger was fast.. me not feeling any pain... and of course I didn't bother to look at how all that was being done... could only hear as if he was cutting the whole nail out using scissors... again.. "sunat" came to mind at that point...

so fater all is done, he wrapped the finger, and gave some painkillers. I thought I wouldn't need them, but the whole night I could not sleep because of the pain! Berdenyut2, menyucuk-nyucuk rasa kat jari tu... gila! The whole night! Could not sleep... so tried to find DVDs to watch.. semua dah tengok.. (I need to buy new DVDs).. so last2 gi bilik Felishia, asked her if any DVDs I haven't seen... so.... the whole night I was hooked on GOSSIP GIRL Season 1 hahahahaha... (by the way, that blonde girl sure looks like Gwyneth Paltrow!) hehe.. Pukul 3 lebih baru boleh tido...

Now my finger has gone thru several dressing/cleanup sessions with Dr Herbert last week, and I have to nurse the finger myself starting from tomorrow onwards.. he gave me the antibiotic gel to put on the "fingernail" and leave it open... until it gets better and new finger nail to form within the next 6 weeks...

My finger still berdenyut-denyut till now... and it has been 2 weeks!

3 comments:

Nana said...

eeuuurrgghhh gross lah shake! scary looking !!!! isk! isk! isk!!

shake said...

hehe it actually looks better in the photo than in real life.. haha

Anonymous said...

Just find out your blog whenever try to find about Dr Herbet Ambrose. Btw, condolence to Dr Herbet family. Dr Herbert passed away due to heart attack. May his soul rest in peace.