Monday, April 26, 2010

Back from the UK

Penat. Jet lag. Mengantuk... still.

I was one of the lucky ones who got out from Heathrow Airport, London on schedule, within 24 hours the airport opened for business again after closing for about a week due to that unpronounceable Icelandic volcano's activities.... if my flight were scheduled to go back one day earlier, I would have stranded with the rest, some I heard will only get the flight out on May 7th.

Alhamdulillah... in fact I got to be on the earlier Emirates flight. Saja je went to Heathrow about 5 hours early to allow some ample time for me to claim my VAT refunds, etc. Was told by Emirates ground crew as soon as got out of the tube that I could even get on the earlier flight which was scheduled about 2 hours before my confirmed flight. Apa lagi? Ambik je la... takut2 tetiba kang airport tutup balik... :)

So that meant I had 2 extra hours in Dubai before my connecting flight to KLIA.

Nasib baikla flight tak cancel... I was quite worried as Emirates cancelled their first flight of the day! Probably because they didn't have enough time to get the plane out of Dubai to Heathrow the time UK announced reopening of the airspace. Kalau cancel... terpaksa naik bas balik Birm la kot.. hehehehe

Kesianla si Nana & Mozard.. and the kids kena bare with me for another week or so.. hehehehe.. thanks guys.. hopefully tak menyusahkan korang... hehe..



Now still penat, although I have been home since Thursday night. Probably because I attended my cousin's wedding over the weekend, etc.

Today got a good news from Rayyan's school that Rayyan has been selected to become one of the emcees for Genius Aulad's Musical Showcase entitled "It's World Children's Day!" to be held at Auditorium Sultan Abdul Aziz, the SUK building in Shah Alam sometime next month. It's a showcase of talents from the 4 and 5 year olds from all Genius Aulad centers... there are about 7-8 of them.

Rayyan will open and close the event together with a 5 yo girl.

Alhamdulillah.... just got the script from the school so Rayyan can also practice at home before the event in about 20 days' time. Hopefully he does well, as expected by his teachers... bapak dia pulak pressure.. hehehe.. some tough words for Rayyan to say.. like "commemorating", "honourable", "lyricist", "composer", etc I doubt he knows what they mean :)

Now.. patiently waiting for a shipment to arrive from Birmingham... due to be picked up on April 28th, and sampai kat rumah I mid June.. in time for my birthday... hahaha dapatla hadiah kasut dua pasang, and some baju... pemberian diri sendiri, hasil hasutan penghasut-penghasut bertaraf doktor.. hehehehe

2 comments:

virginia bed and breakfast said...

These are all the great fun, excitement and an adventurous journey for sure, with all the great spirits, zeal and zest and exploring and striving nature as well.

Nana said...

no problem lah! it was nice having you around what ... hehehe!!! ada tukang masak and babysitter free hahahahahahhahaha!!!

tapi memang rezeki you betul dapat balik on time.