Thursday, May 06, 2010

Rayyan's gig rehearsal

This morning was Rayyan's MC gig rehearsal at the auditorium in Shah Alam. No outsiders allowed. They were supposed to be there from 8.30 and be back to school by 12pm. Bila I went to pick him up the teacher said pukul 1 baru nak bertolak dari sana.... sheesh.. balikla gi ofis.. bought some lunch and then kona balik gi rumah... rasa macam pening2...

Then at almost 2pm I went to the school to pick Rayyan up... rupa2nya baru sampai... okla..

Asked Rayyan how it went. He said ok. He said the teachers said he was ok. I asked if he held a mic and the script in his hands.. he said mic yes, both hands.. no script.. he got it memorized... wah budak ni.. betul ke? Will only find that out on the day of the event itself.

Been trying to get Rayyan to practice the script he "memorized".. but he always said he will only do it "at the stage".

Okaylaaaa.. terpaksa la tunggu... so proud of him already. There will be 600 four and five year-old kids from 10 Genius Aulad centers performing on stage and Rayyan and Risha (a girl from his class) are the only 2 six year-olds handpicked by the Genius Aulad management to be the MCs. For that I'm proud gila babi already hehehe... tu belum tengok dia jadi MC betul2 lagi.. hehe

I always gauge Rayyan's accomplishments to what I experienced at his age. YUP, I have an elephant's memory. At his age I participated in nasyids, and was 1 of 2 representative of my Tadika At-Taqwa to go to an agama quiz kinda thing peringkat Wilayah Persekutuan... won some trophies... hehe.. had that photo somewhere before but I believe it no longer existed after the incident where my mom burned all photos she could get her hands on... coz masa tu adala dia terdengar mana ustad ntah kata gambar-gambar ni haram.... but that was ages ago.... when the ustads were not as open minded as now... coz obviously they have not seen the ouside world for them to make any informed judgment.

Anyways, I figured, if I turned out ok going to an Islamic kindie, Rayyan should also follow what I had gone through by going to an Islamic kindie like Genius Aulad too... hehe.. and so far obviously, so good... :)

0 comments: