Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Luck Lucky Lucky!

Alhamdulillah...

Went to Malaysia Book Publishers Association (MABOPA) dinner last Saturday night and guess what? I won a lucky draw prize. Although it's the 19th prize out of 20, it's still something, ye tak? hehe

The 20th prize was won by A. Samad Said, Sasterawan Negara tu.. who would've thought? His number was announced first, then, it was #361, my lucky ticket number :)

I won a Pioneer DVD player. This one is kinda cool coz it has a USB port so I could actually connect my external hard disk to it and watch all the stuff I downloaded on TV yang kat bilik tu.. since the TV does not have a USB port, susah gila, coz I had to always pasang laptop kat sebelah and connect the external disk to it and from the laptop, guna HDMI cable to the TV. Kelakar TV ni.. HDMI slot ada 2, USB port takde.. I actually just bought on ebay a small media adapter/player that cost me about RM100, which is still making its way to my house from the UK.

The device is smaller than the size of tapak tangan, tiny gadget that allows a "USB device" to connect to a HDMI slot, and plays all kinds of video formats.

The lucky DVD player tu can only play certain formats.. so banyak movie yang tak appear when you browse on the TV screen..

Oklah.. citer takat ni je.. break kejap.. now super duper busy coz the KL International Book Fair starts Friday, and I've got lots to prepare.

0 comments: