Friday, March 20, 2009

Coverboy Rayyan

I just published MAINKATA Level-based Word Puzzle for kids. Level 1 for 6 yo and below, Level 2 for 6-9 yo, and Level 3 for 9-12 yo.

I came up with the cover concept... to show a cheerful face of a child so that it would attract the parents to buy the books... hehe sapa lagi nak model dalam masa terdekat ni? I had 2 weeks to proofread, proofread again by a second set of eyes, get the content illustrated, publish and print 1000 copies each of the 3 books.

Oh by the way, I also wrote the books... based on a study I made through the years since I started to have children, and based on my expertise in instructional designing contents for kids.

So sapa lagi nak jadi model kalau bukan anak sendiri? hehehe...

Here are the other two books...

That's Arifah (my niece) and Zaref (my youngest male cousin)... semua model for free...

Zaref was not too bad 'coz he takes instructions well from the photographer a.k.a ME! The other two kids... hmm... sabar jelaaa... kena pujuk, bribe, etc.. all those photographs were taken on 3 separate sessions due to the models' prior commitments...

Anyways.. I'm going to Bologna, Italy on Saturday night.. and these 3 books are coming with me for the official launch of Mainkata Level-based Word Puzzles!!

p/s: buku baru siap print and the printer should deliver them to me Friday, after lunch.

These are quality books... printed on 100gsm paper, 48 pages in all, perfect bound... planning to retail at RM9.90 each for Malaysian market.

0 comments: