Friday, May 01, 2009

Rayyan's "bumps" on his scalp and stuff...

For the past few days we noticed some "bumps" as Rayyan calls them, macam bekas gigitan nyamuk on his scalp.. quite a few, like 4-5 sporadically located on his left side of the scalp. Pastu suddenly nak jadi macam pimple pulak. Pastu dah nak macam bernanah... scary jugak...

So yesterday brought him to see Dr Azizi. One look at the "bumps", he immediately said... JUNK FOOD! The ingredients in some of the junk food kids eat may cause allergic reactions such as these bumps on the scalp. Nose bleeding (like what Rayyan had for like 2-3 times last month) pun may occur due to the allergic reactions to the junk ingredients.

Dr Azizi gave an ointment, to be used 3 times a day, plus an antibiotic - Augmentin to clear off the bumps. Hope the ointment & Augmentin works soon. Kesian si Rayyan ni.

Ok ni cerita lain pulak.. pasal Rayyan jugak.. hehe..

Last night, as usual, when we were getting some warm water before going to bed, Rayyan showed me some of the magnetic letters (A, B, C, D, T, O, S, etc..) I bought long ago stuck on the fridge door. So I tested him to see if he has actually been learning from the Phonics VCDs I got in exchange for my RHB credit card points.

The thing with Rayyan is that he loves and enjoys learning. Alhamdulillah! It makes my job easier to teach him stuff. He would voluntarily put on the Phonics CDs one after another and would sit there in front of the TV, on the bed, trying to absorb what is shown, quietly, alone. I think I made the right choice buying those CDs (5 of them altogether). Here's why...

When I moved the magnetic letters around, he can pronounce whatever word that I arranged for him. For example... I arranged these letters.. "S-C-A-T". He would make the sound that each letter makes phonetically, and combine all the sounds to pronounce the word... SCAT! He doesn't need to know what the word means, as long as he can READ! I tested him with BAT, BATS, TAB, STAB, BAD, SAD, DOT, etc.. and he read well! :D ***very proud***

Then I made some bogus words like SBATDX and DOSTC, etc.. hehehe his pronunciation of that words is as good as yours and mine.

At school he just started his first couple of pages of the Peter & Jane level 2A books, but at home he can complete the book already. All 50 pages. I'm trying to get him read level 2B next.

Somehow his Malay reading is still not at par with his English... hehehe.. I'll work on that with him later... it's good now that he has started speaking Malay more!

0 comments: