Friday, September 04, 2009

Camera Un-Kaput

Tengah boring giler... now it's 3am. Have not been sleeping at the right times since Ramadhan started... just finished updating our family business's company profile to include the recent ventures my dad started in Kedah... all those lembu-lembu and bot-bot ikan... it's funny coz the bulk of the profile talks about how for the past 15 years we have been involved in book publishing and printing, then suddenly cerita pasal lembu and ikan.. hehe

Wa & Anaz came by just now amik kuih.. hehe and it's not actually for them pun.. hehe.. to Wa's friend.. Yan, is it? Enjoy your Mama Carries!! :)

Rayhana cried gila-gila tadi when Wa & Anaz came.. ingatkan the usual cranky-ness pasal baru bangun tido at 9.30pm, but then bila check, her private part merah and membengkak.. not too sure it was nappy rash 'coz it was not "rashy"... but we applied the nappy cream jer.. tengok dulu kalau tak okay nak kena bawak jumpa doctor la.... alhamdulillah after some time she is okay.. sempat main-main finger ala "E.T." dengan Anaz & Wa sambil senyum-senyum malu.. haha

Rayyan just slept at 2.30am... mamat ni susahla.. will never sleep kalau I tak sleep...

Lately, since I brought my work PC home, he has been bugging me... "Papa, are you going to throw your small computer (home laptop) away? Give it to me!" hahaha.... I'm contemplating on buying a new laptop for my work and yeah.. maybe I'll just let him share the old one with Ja.. hehe...

Tgh dilema sekarang ni... kalau ada RM3k.... nak beli iPhone ke or a new laptop? iPhone is soooo the in-thing now, and yeah, I need it to help me better at "organizing my thoughts"... but the laptop is sooo gonna make me enjoy doing my work more.... hmmm....

.. and I'm still waiting for a new fund to come in for a job that I almost complete... that is huge! now, maybe THAT can fund my iPhone.. hehe..

I'm planning to go to Dubai in February for the 1st Dubai International Children's Book Fair. Have requested for participation details from the organizer. Have also found another publisher friend who's interested to join me there. Have been checking on the accommodations and flights for the past couple of months... and tonight I checked with MAS... RM1500 pergi balik siot!!! Kalau nak bawak the whole family, me, Ja, Rayyan, Rayhana... RM5300+ sahaja... pergi balik for the whole family!!

But the bookfair is quite long.. 8 hari! Ja susah nak dapat cuti so early in the year... I've got a friend who have been staying in Dubai for the past 4 years who offered me a place to stay during the bookfair... interesting! But kalau 2-3 hari takpela.. ni kalau dah sampai 8-10 days.. segan la pulak... so just now I went to my uual hunting ground.. VRBO.com found a marvellous condo unit.. and the new Dubai Metro stops right in front of the complex! Filled in my enquiries online and then about less than an hour later the owner CALLED me all the way from the UK! Now that's what I call service! I told her I didn't expect her to call.. only a reply within 8 hours or so was expected... but her call caught me by surprise!

Now trying to get my publisher friend to confirm boleh chip in and share the condo unit tak coz it can sleep up to 7 people.

Hmm.. apa lagi nak citer.. oh yeah, about my camera that I thought went kaput... rupa-rupanya battery tak charge betul... ngong betul... either that charger plug tak masuk soket betul-betul or the battery was not placed right... tak pasal-pasal nasib baik tak gi hantar Sony station kena godek-godek isi perut dia.. daripada takde apa-apa, jadi ntah apa-apa nanti...

0 comments: