Wednesday, September 02, 2009

So busy yet so not doing anything...

I've got lots of things to do... from web development, proposal writing, the kuih raya business, my online book business, exploring new market for my books (just delivered a FedEx 25kg box to Johannesburg, South Africa.. people there wanting to be my distributor).

I've just been appointed as one of the Ahli Jawatankuasa Pengelola Pesta Buku Antarabangsa Kuala Lumpur 2010, heading the sub-committee on "Internet & the New Media", which means I'll be in charged of the KL Book Fair's website and any web promotion for the fair.

Here's the thing. The KL Book Fair will be from March 19-28, 2010. I'm supposed to go to the Bologna Book Fair that runs from Mar 23-25, 2010. Macamana ni? Takde chan ler nak berjalan-jalan explore Italy lagi... hehe and yes, Nana.. I don't think I can join you guys at the French Alps. Kalau pergi Bologna nanti it will just be a touch-and-go affair.. have to go ngam-ngam sampai sana to set up the booth on 22nd and balik on the 25th or 26th... so I can still do my part for the Kl Book Fair that ends on the 28th, not to mention nak kena jaga booth sendiri lagi kat situ....

Ni lah orang kata kerja giler... hehehe.. because of PWTC takde proper slot for the KL Book Fair, the KL Book Fair terpaksa overlap dengan the biggest children's book fair the world. Macamana la nak memartabatkan the KL "INTERNATIONAL" Book Fair??? And since the organizer have signed up with the PWTC for 5 years, there is no way we can have another venue for it. PWTC pulak, orang dah book for 5 years, kena la bagi proper slot well in advance! Ni tak... bukannya orang pakai free... bayar lagi!

So now I'll be having monthly meeting regarding the KL Book Fair.. oh terlupa.. nak kena buat budget for the board to approve by next meeting... hmm... berapa aku nak charge.. hmm.. actually each of us in the committee will get a "sitting allowance".. I have no idea how much.. me being a rookie in the AJK will not dare to question much.. just bagi inputs je sudah memadai.. and last Friday was a very fruitful meeting for me... it's good to know that my inputs are well received by the otai-otai in the Malaysian book industry.

Updates on Rayyan & Rayhana:
1. Rayyan still not going to school. Maybe after raya baru pergi kot... taknak bagi dia keluar rumah to meet other kids at school. His phlegm dah gone.. chest and nose is clear...
2. I'm exposing Rayhana to the letter "O". She's a fast learner...
3. Rayhana can say "bu-ah".. a good start in the vowel sounding development.. hehe putting two different vowel sounds together.. :)
4. Rayhana has started wearing Rayyan's old t-shirts and shorts.. hehe lagila macam boy budak tu..
5. Have started to teach Rayyan using our home phone to dial our mobile numbers... in case of emergency...

0 comments: