Tuesday, February 22, 2011

February Madness

After all this chaos with the workload etc, we're still in February??!! This must have been the most hectic month I ever experienced since working in my own "Sendirian Sdn Bhd" hehe..

Early next month, I'll be publishing 4 books, each of them has 224 pages. 2 books in Malay, and another 2 books which are the translated version in English. The 2 books in Malay tu pun, it's the same book... one in hardcover, another in soft cover. In the publishing world, they are treated as 2 separated books, each with its own ISBN. The total publishing and printing cost = RM90,000! Of course, none of that is my money.. hehe, that's the reason I've agreed to take up this task, and that is also the reason why February is as hectic as it has been...

So far this February, there were at least 5-6 days where I was working 24 hours without sleep, some of the days at home, some at my friend's place, and some at the office.

And since it's a Sdn Sdn Bhd, I work with a lot of freelancers and dealing with so many people, involving other people's money is not fun. So far I've only published books I wrote myself, produced, myself, and even did the whole publishing process myself, trying to save cost as much as possible, leaving no room for my freelance DTP guys to charge lebih2, coz most of the work is already been done for them. I could have gone all the way doing it myself, but some things can be done at a much faster pace by others.

So, with all these pressure, screaming pun terlebih2 kat rumah.. hehe kesianla kat bebudak.. but alhamdulillah, masa mengajikan Rayyan, I don't scream as much as he has picked up the skills faster than I expected. Just yesterday we have already started Book 4 of the Iqra' book, where they introduce the baris dua atas, bawah, and depan. So now, Rayyan can actually read any ayat Quran yang ada baris atas, bawah, depan, the tanwins, and he knows where to make it panjang, and where to make it pendek.. proud of him! (and proud of myself too... hehe)

It has been a productive 2 months since we started the Iqra' book in January, althogh there were days where we skipped mengaji sessions...

Rayyan's writing has already improved by leaps and bounds. I think with the practice at Kumon, and at school, his writing, although in his MALAS mode, is still readable! lol!

Rayhana is great. Bila abang nak ngaji, dia pun nak menyebok. Nak join sembahyang jugak... bila abang dia baca doa before nak start mengaji, to my surprise, she knows the doas (Allahummaftah.. and Rabbishrahli...) and recites together with Rayyan!! Wow, her nursery is really doing a good job! Very pleased with that! Tak sia2 Ja spend bayar so much kat tempat tu.

This month also me and Ja became "grandparents" for the second time, as my eldest sister in-law's son got his second child. And yesterday we received news that Ja's brother got his first child.

Because of all these "hecticness" I tend to splurge on stuff, especially food.. hahaha saja nak lepas tension... nak hilangkan stress pi makan banyak2.. haha sungguh tak betul... org kalau nak hilang stress pergi gym... well at least this month I went swimming 3 times.. so oklah kot.. haha

Can't wait for the last stretch of the month to just wait for another hectic month of promoting and selling the books pulak... oh yeah, I need to write another two books by June.. hmmm... one step at a time...

0 comments: