Friday, January 16, 2009

After 8 days of school...

Rayyan has a new friend. His first friend, Danish.. turned out that that boy has not come to class for 4-5 days already. According to Rayyan, Danish's mom came to school and said to the teacher Danish is sick. From the first day Rayyan told me Danish didn't come, I asked him to make new friends.... so only today he found another friend... SOFEA. I don't know how she looks like yet but Rayyan said she has a "round hair" and not wearing tudung. I asked if she's beautiful... Rayyan said yes... hehehe


A look at his class roster which I snapped on the first day of class, she's actually Ameerah Sofea. I still couldn't figure out which one is Danish 'coz there are 2 Danishes in his class... and I know I saw few more Danishes in other classes as well... quite a common name in 2004 I guess.

Rayyan also got his first homework today... oh which reminds me.. promised to sit down together with him when he does his homework... tulis "alif" and "ba" jer... for his Jawi. He's also starting on his Iqra' book for Quran. Math.. the teacher only started writing with 1 and 2. 5 yo students are supposed to only know numbers up to 50. But I like the way they teach the number concept. English reading.. Peter and Jane book.. only 2 pages so far. BM.. no idea what they do yet 'coz I have yet to see any books on that. Books are kept in class unless the teacher require parents' involvement at home.

The last two days I picked him up super early 'coz he has been complaining whenever I picked him up before this, he was always almost the last person there... or he is the only boy in his class left, etc... so when sees at down the stairs when no one has gone back yet, he says "thank you for picking me up "fast", papa!" both times. Haha how on earth/ what did we do right bringing him up to be so polite... haha.. I sure need to know or recall for Rayhana's sake!

So after 8 days... so far I've noticed that he has learned something... he always mentions his teacher was saying this and that at school.. he can't remember his teacher's name (3 teachers teaching different subjects in a class). He nicknamed one of the teachers "Granny Teacher".... haha I asked him why he called her Granny. He said because she is big.. hehe I think she must be that big elderly macam muka ustazah type.. but she's so nice.. bila everytime I send Rayyan to school, most of the time she's there, calling Rayyan's name dengan manja sekali... hahaha

He still rasa sebak everytime I send him off. Muka macam he could easily cry any second... but everytime I pick him up.... ceria sampai macam taknak balik la pulak... one time he actually had me wait just because he wanted to wait till Danish siap pakai kasut.. nak turun tangga tu sekali...

He's loving his experience at Genius Aulad. Everytime I pick him up he always says "let's come here again next time" and I always correct him.. TOMORROW! and he says.. "yeah, tomorrow!"

4 comments:

Nana said...

seriously??? 5 yo are suppose to know up to 50??? zafier baru sampai 20! isk! soo not good! I think the education system here is too relaxed. HECK I pun dah jadi relaxed. risau jugak I di buatnye!

shake said...

haha.. according to Genius Aulad punya syllabus la.. 4yo's 1-20, 5yo's 1-50, 6yo's 1-100.

Actually according to MOE's curriculum, 1-100 is for Std 1.

nothing to worry la.. it's just math.. Zafier and his school may have strengths in other fields than Rayyan and his Malaysian school... hehe.. it's just the way it is... different system, different emphasis..

Anonymous said...

When sοmeone writes an piece οf wгiting hе/shе гetainѕ thе plаn of a
usеr in hiѕ/her brain that how a user can κnοw іt.
Therefore that's why this piece of writing is amazing. Thanks!

Here is my blog post: www.locateabuckettruck.com
Also see my web site > used bucket trucks

Anonymous said...

I'm really enjoying the design and layout of your blog. It's a
very easy on the eyes whіch makes іt much more plеaѕаnt foг me to come here and ѵisit morе
oftеn. Dіd уou hirе out a desіgneг tο creаte youг theme?
Outѕtanding work!

my wеb-site - dallas car insurance
My webpage :: car insurance dallas