Thursday, January 15, 2009

Rayhana's Squeaks and Squeals



At 2 months, Rayhana had already started making some verbal interactions with us. Now that she's 3 months old, she loves to talk! She needs people around her all the time to talk to her or else.... tu yang mak aku tak tahan tu... hehehe

Her favorite person is Rayyan. Somehow there is this strong sibling connection between them. Whenever Rayyan is talking, Rayhana tries to find her brother and reply with her own language...

Now she sleeps well at night. After her last meal at around 11 or 12 midnight, she could stay asleep till 7am. Then sleep again till 10am. 10-12 noon is her awake time, before taking a nap till 1 or 2 for her meal... then sleeps again till 5 or 6 and she'll be awake till 8-9pm. Nap again till 10 or 11 for her last meal of the day.. 1 hour of awake time and then she sleeps again till the next day... that's her daily routine as of now...

Since maid takde now (expecting this week or early next week), I have to do my work at home while taking care of the kids since my mom tak tahan dengar Rayhana menangis. I told her... baby mana tak nangis.... hehehe and that maybe she's just too old to be hearing babies crying.. hahaha... but once the maid is here.. she'll still be looking after Rayhana.. with the help of the maidlaa..

We bought the baby monitor.. ala yang walkie talkie tu... since my mom requested for it if she were to take care of Rayhana so that she would hear any cries from wherever she is around the house... RM200+ for that one..

Another strange thing... it seems that Rayhana only cries like mad whwnever I put her at my mom's place. Somehow she cries lesser in our own home. So that monitor is really handy for my mom.

One day when I came back from the office I found my mom beli buaian spring. Punayla pantang nenek moyang aku tengok benda alah tu... hahaha.. Rayyan never needed that buai... and I don't want any of my kids to be dependent on that.. and there's lots of other negative stories I hear.. medically and safety issues especially when you have other kids around the house... (if you guys have medical reports pasal buai spring ni on how it affects the baby's brain please give me the link).

Anyways.. I just let that buai in my house... tak guna pun... but my mom sneaked Rayhana into it whenever I'm out and once I get back, I'll get her out of it again.

I have sucessfully stopped my mom and the rest of the family who is soooo insisting that I give Rayhana air suam after every meal to avoid "sawan susu" or whatever they call it after printing a medical article from Johns Hopkin's University research center (this is one medical research university that you should pay attention to.. other than Mayo Clinic).

So now I need articles to ban this buai spring in my house... hahaha

I'm happy to say that Rayhana now is 100% on Ja's milk. No formula whatsoever.. hopes this last for at least 3 more months. I'm pressuring Ja.. paksa tak kasi chan punya so that she squeezes her breast till there's nothing else to squeeze or pump. Ja kata I ingat dia lembu ke apa.. hahaha... Rayyan had formula since day 1 and breast feeding stopped totally after 3-4 months...

But I already bought formula for Rayhana just in case the juices dry out.

0 comments: