Thursday, January 22, 2009

FLU is in the air...

Yup... I got the flu. Rayyan is no longer on paracetamol and phenagan... demam dah surut.. only finishing his KLACID antibiotics which he hated, unlike Augmentin which he loves. Rayhana so far has managed to be out of the cold.. hehe.. Ja pulak apart from the ongoing sinus problem, she is immune to all these "penyakit2 bandar".. hahaha.. she's the strongest person around...

So that leaves me... just got back from the Damansara Polyclinic at Uptown.. with antibiotics la, flu pills, fever, phlegm pills... so masa borak2 dgn doktor tadi I looked at my records, last year I went to see him almost like every 2-3 months... so I got the flu maybe 4-5 times a year... my last visit was July 2008.. hmm.. so that's 6 months of illness-free period.

Usually I only get sick when I do spring cleaning, or when people around me gets sick.

Borak punya borak pasal flu ni, the doctor mentioned that he hardly gets any flu... maybe like 1-2 times in 2 years... hmm... the reason?? He stopped eating chicken. He didn't like chicken, and it turned out to be a healthy option for him. Which makes me think that maybe those jab they cucuk kat tengkuk ayam tu kot yang punya angkara ni.... but howla to stop eating chicken? Gila?? Ayam kampung may well be the best choice.. but it's not as succulent as ayam kena inject tu... anyways, I'm trying to eat more fish nowadays.. something that I promised not to do as soon as I got back from the States dulu... hehe

I also asked the doctor about flu shots... they have it at his clinic but generally it's of no use for Malaysians.. haha according to him laaa.. flu shots are generally good for those living in cold climates... or if you wanna spend a considerable amount of time there... (hmm.. we should have gotten our shot before we went to Europe for 3 weeks dulu... 'coz by the time we got to Paris in the 2nd week, semua dah dok sneeze sana, sneeze sini.. phlegm sana phlegm sini...).

Usually it takes me 4 days after medication to get me up and running as usual. Still doing work from home.. hopefully to be in the office after CNY.







0 comments: