Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Mandarin at home

Finally! After a looooong search for people capable to suit my schedule, I found someone who could teach Mandarin at home... me and Rayyan. It's gonna be on Sundays... 10am - 11.30/12pm. But it can only start in May, after the KL International Book Fair and the follow-up exercise is over.

Where did I find this teacher? hehehe at the Bologna post-mortem meeting at the National Book Council office in Putrajaya this afternoon.

I actually told a publisher friend while we were on the same flight back to KL that I was searching high and low for someone to teach me and Rayyan Mandarin. She said her colleague who was with us in Bologna (and was still traveling around Italy at that time), has been giving Mandarin home tuition since she was in college. And she stays in Damansara Jaya! I said GREAT!

So me and our future sifoo met up at the Bologna post-mortem meeting and the girl asked me if I'm serious in getting somebody to teach my son.. I said yeah! And I want to be learning as well at the same table.. I'll learn what Rayyan learns. So that at least there is one other person who can talk to him in Mandarin at home (hehe and maybe we can talk in our secret "code" that only two of us understand hehe). She said okay! No problem!

So it's gonna be RM200 per month roughly, excluding books. Very reasonable, considering there will actually be 2 persons taking the class. Told Ja I already made the arrangement.. dia pulak nak menyebok join.. hahaha.. even told my dad... he asked me tape the session so he could also learn something from it hahaha

I asked Rayyan just now if he wanna try learn how to speak Chinese.. he said YEAH! With somewhat "pleasantly surprised/shocked" look... hehe.. I know from that look he's interested. It's gonna be fun!

aaaaaaaahhh, I'm happy.... at last.... have been longing to learn Mandarin since I was a kid but never got the opportunity...

:))))))

5 comments:

Nana said...

Wah RM200!!! Aisyioh manyak mahai oooo!!! sheesshhhh!!! Gila babs they all buat duit huh? Sigh!!!

shake said...

weh cheap la woi... RM25/hr usual rate RM30/hr ok la.. I don't have to go to send Rayyan to any center.. hehe dia datang rumah... very flexible one.. haha

I still remember wanting to join you guys when you took Mandarin classes kat tokkong mana kata Petaling Street tu.. hehe.. tapi leceh nak gi sana...

Amrina Aziz said...

nnt boleh ckp mandarin dgn kurt! :D die boleh ckp spanish n arabic jgk! :D tp ina xpandai laaa... pening je dgr. tu blom d writing lg. ayaks!

shake said...

woit kurt boleh speaking cina ke? cayalah..

Anonymous said...

hi but where is the classes in petaling street tokong...could you give me contact there or whoever is learing there?
thanks
maelex2@hotmail.com