Monday, March 29, 2010

PENAT!!!!!

The Kuala Lumpur International Book Fair just ended yesterday... fuh legaaaa... lenguh2 kaki jalan-jalan ke hulu ke hilir...

It's good that I gained new friends from the book industry... I love books. I love the smell of books. I love to be around books. I love meeting book publishers, writers, illustrators, printers just to know what those wonderful work they do... great stuff!

I wish I could read more books. I used to read more... dulu2 banyak baca John Grisham's etc... pastu bila dah tua sikit and ada banyak responsibility baca motivational books, self-help, how-tos, etc.. novel tak banyak sangat...

Now I buy books for the kids.... and for R&D purposes. I just bought 1 Malay novel that has sold more than 2000 copies at the book fair alone! Giler! That number puzzles me and many from the top players of the book industry.. it's not really considered as one of the nation's best sellers yet but fresh out of the printers - bawak kat book fair, terus sold more than 2000 copies..

It's a book by the publisher Jemari Seni, written by Hlovate - "Versus". It's a Malay novel by a Malaysian writer.

I also bought 5 best-selling books from the publisher Karnadya.. great novels for primary schoolkids...

Also bought one book from PTS.. how-to kinda business book... probably would write one of these soon and get PTS to publish and distribute it... already talked to their kepala about this and he agredd that it would be a great book... but still have to follow their usual editorial procedurela..

Wanted to buy the Melayu-Rumi-Jawi dictionary from DBP for my next project. Dok eyeing that dictionary since Day 1.. tak beli-beli jugak sebab ingat nak tunggu last day coz the size tu bagak sangat... semalam went to DBP booth... DAH HABIS! Normal price is RM80, but they were selling it at RM64. Melepas...

Bought my mom an electronic dictionary from SASBADI (well actually helped my mom to buy).. it's much more practical than that BESTA with Dr Fadzley the celebrity tu... hehe

It was an exciting bookfair indeed and to be invited to be part of the organizing committee for the first time - that's SATISFACTION!

Now, working hard to get ready for the London Book Fair...

0 comments: