Saturday, October 16, 2010

Baru balik Frankfurt...

Just got back from Frankfurt on Wednesday. Still fighting the "gangguan ritma harian" or "lamban jet" or "lesu jet" (I swear those are the official Dewan translations of jet lag)... hehe


It was a truly fruitful trip to the Frankfurt Book Fair. Verbally agreed to get my books to be translated into German, Russian, and Spanish and to be distributed in Germany, Austria, Switzerland, Russia, and all Spanish speaking countries. Now tengah sebok mengarang contract for each deal. I wish I have the money nak buat modal for the capital to support the production and demand from these countries... I punya style, takde duit, jangan pinjam, jangan expand.. Buat setakat mampu... kalau orang nampak potential, bagi je duit tu toksah banyak soal.. the money will come back to you insyaAllah... I don't have time and patience to do paperwork although people say I'm excellent at that... I just do my work, my pace, my style... :)

The book fair was HUUUUGE... didn't manage to jalan through all the exhibition halls. It was like 4 or 5 times the size of London Book Fair!! I can cover London Book Fair in just 1 day, 4 days in Frankfurt pun tak habis nak cover the Frankfurt fair...

Got the best deals in a "homestay" accommodation (paid only 60 Euros per night for 9 nights, as opposed to 190+ Euros per night other Malaysians had to pay). And that is inclusive of laundry (the landlord basuh and lipatkan), breakfast and evening snack.

Managed to sneak my way to Munich, and Salzburg (Mozart's birthplace) for 2 days for jalan-jalan... (train to Munich was 3 hrs, 45 Euros pergi balik from Frankfurt and train to Salzburg was 2 hrs, 30 Euros for 2-5 people pergi balik from Munich).

All in all I spent roughly RM6k, but Matrade will reimburse 50% of my flight and accommodation... so kalau nak ikutkan it was money well spent for the potential business I get :)

But I missed Rayhana's birthday! :( Ja, the kids and those at home did a small celebration.. but I think we're gonna make another one soon with me around :)

2 comments:

Nana said...

wahhhh berbaloi lah spend that money.Banyak contacts you dapat! bagus lah you and ja... memang boleh buat business. I wish I have the same tenacity to buat business.

shake said...

bisness kecil-kecilan je.. hehe jenis yang tak kaya-kaya but can just make do je.. getting the little things we want sikit sana sikit sini... haha

sama macam you & mozard jugak la.. hehe ada multiple streams of income.. hahaha kena apply "Cash Flow"... hehe.. selalunya gaji sapa paling kecik yang paling kaya... it's not how much money you earn, but what you do with it that matters... hahaha