Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Caroline in Frankfurt


This year alone, I've come across 3-4 ladies with the name Caroline. From the travel agent who booked my tickets, to the lady I met in Australia, and this time in Frankfurt, another Caroline - the 60++ year old German who hosted me at her apartment for 9 nights.

I got to know her by chance. As I was scouting for the best accommodation deals in Frankfurt for the duration of the book fair, I came across a "Craigslist" ad which I responded to. The person replied that since I was going alone, might as well he hook me up with a friend of his who has a room to let, instead of the whole apartment.

So he asked his friend, Caroline to contact me. I didn't know how she looked like, how old she was etc, but this lady could surely send/reply emails with attachments of the application forms, complete with a request of my photo so she could shortlist her candidates for the sole room she has... haha I guess I was the cutest one applied hehehe

For 60 Euros a night, that was a steal! Since the other Malaysians who were in Frankfurt had to fork out between 195-200+ Euros per night for just a hotel room with wifi.

For 60 Euros, I had the cozy room, shower room attached, a computer if I wanted to use, free wifi, free daily breakfast and night snack that consists of cereals & milk, fruits, breads, cheese, tomatoes, tuna flakes, chocolate pudding, fruit juices, chocolate milk, tea & coffee, and of course, Caroline doing my laundry, changing my towels and cleaning up my room everyday!

Service at its best!

So far I've been very lucky in getting the best apartment deals off the Internet... from the ones in Bologna, Paris, and now in Frankfurt... all had excellent connectivity to the places where I wanted to go with great facilities within the accommodation and around the area..

I wonder if Malaysians can provide such excellent service... if a 60++ year-old German lady can provide such service, it's a shame that we can't.

That reminds me.. I have to get Caroline a Malaysian thank you gift! :)

0 comments: