Wednesday, June 23, 2010

The 39 Clues


My love for this series of books started when I saw it at the London Book Fair last April. Last few weeks I saw the books again at the Scholastic Book Buffet event, Books 1 through 6 were available... I managed to squeeze all 6 books into the tiny Scholastic bag for RM49.90. That was a REAL bargain considering each book is being sold at MPH for RM39.90 a copy. So that's pretty much 80% discount I got at the book buffet.

So now, after reading all 6 books within a span of 5+ days, I'm in desperate need of more!! I have been "stuck" in the middle of the Krakatua vicinity in the island of Java for quite some time now and need to move on to the next clue!!

Found out that Books 7, 8, and 9 are available at MPH.. so I would probably go to MPH OneUtama to get hold of them right after picking Rayyan up from school today... so that's RM39.90 x 3 = RM119.70... way to much money to spend considering how much I spent on the last 6 books... hehe

Book 10 (the last one) will be out August 31 and people have started to pre-order them on Amazon.

Just found out last week that Steven Spielberg & Dreamworks will be producing a movie on Book 1 that is supposed to be out sometime next year!!

I've not been reading novels as much as I used to due to work and other commitments.. but this 39 Clues series got me worked up a whole new appetite for reading!! Biaq pilah orang kata buku budak2.. hehe.. a good book IS a good book.

3 comments:

Mom-On-The-Loose said...

EXACTLY!!! a good book IS a good book, regardless who it was written for. Think I felt the same way when I bought Harry Potter books 1-3 all in one shot at the airport in london. Kat dlm plane couldn't put it down at all and when I was done, kept raving it to wa and atul.... then came all the hype and whatever what not. Terus rasa cam tak best. I was really disappointed with the last few Harry Potters. Since you recommend these books, think I'll give it a shot the next time I have time to read some books.

shake said...

hehe I was talking to Ja about these books sometime in the middle of my 3rd of 4th book about how no other book could have the same effect on me for quite some time... and she left the novel she was reading and started to read the 39 Clues Book 1... and now the book is missing from my table!!!

ena said...

My sis has been reading this series too but i was never interested. Are they suitable for primary schoolers you think?