Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Rayhana's Colors & Letters & Numbers...

Am quite impressed in Rayhana's pace at learning new stuff... I guess it's the same with all kids these days...

Rayhana can now identify the colors BLUE, GREEN, YELLOW, PINK, PURPLE, BLACK, BROWN, ORANGE, RED.. and the letters A, B, C, K, L, M, O, P, S, U and X.

when she sees "B" she would go "boom boom", "L" she would go lalalalalala, "S" she would go ssssss with a hand waving in the shape of the letter S... hehe that's some of the strategies I use to make her remember stuff... hehe

I never teach any of my kids the letters according the order of the alphabet... to me it's not the natural way of recognizing letters. Rayyan could recognize all letters in the alphabet (upper case) before he reached 2 years old. And the way I taught Rayhana was definitely different than how I taught Rayyan... all depends on the situation, and the surroundings that fit the learning environment... and for me, I always start with the uppercase letters. Why? Because most letters you see in the signs everywhere you go i.e. logos like IKEA, TESCO, etc are all in uppercase... it makes much more sense to start with the uppercase.

Rayhana can up till now now count 1-10 in both Malay and English, and even sambung eleven, twelve, thirteen, fourteen, sixteen, "eight nineteen", twenty... hehe

It does help that we send Rayhana to the nursery.. she does learn a lot more other stuff than I teach at home, coz I am waaaaaay to tired to teach her everyday... hahaha...

And since she now easily associates the letter "U" to "umbella", you can occasionally hear her mumbling "umbella", ella, ella, eh, eh, eh.... sorang2... :)

0 comments: