Friday, November 28, 2008

Went to the dentist yesterday

Me and Ja had to go to the dentist 'coz our teeth needed attention. One of my lower molars that I had it filled twice already before this broke. What's left is half of it and both its roots still in tact. That caused pain to the side of my tongue. So, memang kena cabut! 'Coz that's the cheapest way out. Lagipun dah bernanah kat dalam gum tu.

Ja pulak.. sah-sah kena cabut one of her tooth.

Rayyan pulak.. initially we wanted to check his teeth 'coz one of his molars dah berlubang... turned out he has 8 teeth that need filling! One tooth RM90.. kalau 8???

Our appointment at Smileshop was at 12.00pm. Ja went first, while me and Rayyan go and get some lunch. Oh ya, we brought Rayhana along.. and left her at the dentist... sleeping.

Kitorang balik je, Ja was almost done. Scaling, polishing and extraction of one of her teeth cost RM190. Rayyan's turn next.... as usual, I had to pangku him on the chair, he requested for the cool shades again, and was a GREAT SPORT!!! Tak nangis, and he braved thru the nganga-ing, checking, drilling, filling for about 1/2 hour until his tooth was filled. He's braver than I thought!

Hahaha.. maybe all these while I've been saying that Rayhana braved thru her injections and sunat (oh haven't blogged about that yet! hehe..) without crying! So maybe subconsciously dia pun taknakler be a softie.. hehehe

Habis je dia punya turn, he ran to the hall (of the clinic) and watch TV, running around there playing God knows what... selamba gila tak sakit whatsoever...

Next, my turn. So, cabut! But before that I did scaling and polishing.. masa cabut ya Allah... the condition of my tooth made it difficult for the doctor to pull it out. Siap kena cucuk extra bius in the middle of the process 'coz it hurt so bad (haha me exaggerating). Masa cabut, the top part patah... leaving the 2 roots in the gum. So had to cut the gum and pull the roots one by one. Dekat sejam jugak nak cabut gigi yang satu ni... man.. haven't had such pain in a looong time. My gum was bleeding till late night yesterday... nak makan pun susah.

Now okaylaa.. pening ada sikit.. selsema pun ada sikit.. rasa nak demam pun ada... Ja pun rasa macam nak demam.. siap Rayyan pun kata... "Rayyan strong.. Papa and Mama tak strong!"

He's even willing to go to the dentist to the same thing to 7 other gigi anytime. I think the environment in Smileshop makes it so welcoming and trauma-less for kids.. that's a good thing. I was so afraid of going to the dentist that I only went to them only 3-4 times all my life before knowing about Smileshop.

So that's that. Still feel the sore in my gum... Ja dah okay.. Rayyan pun of course la okay... Rayhana.. slept the whole time at the dentist.

0 comments: