Saturday, January 08, 2011

How Rayyan's First TUESDAY at primary school went...

Tuesday:


This day was funny.. It started okay, Ja sent Rayyan to school, while I prepared and sent Rayhana to her nursery and after that straight to Rayyan's school to see how he was doing since there were 2 things that I wanted to see how Rayyan would react to - Agama class, and PJ (Phys. Ed.) class.

He had (or was supposed to have) 2 periods of agama first, then the PJ. I arrived at the school in the middle of 2nd period of Agama... tried to locate him in his class but couldn't find him. I saw students from another Year 1 class joined in his class for the Agama periods but somehow Rayyan was not there... I didn't try to look at the other classes.. I assumed some kids may follow some teacher/ustaz to the surau or something....

Alih2 je.. bila agama class ends, I saw him carrying an exercise book, and a pencil walking from another class towards his class.. ASTAGA... mamat ni pergi kelas Moral ke?? Lawak gila.. and the teacher pun takkanla tak perasan.. well actually susah gak nak perasan since muka budak2 kat dalam kelas tu susah nak tau yang mana Melayu, Cina, India.. let alone their religion...

Only a couple of days ago I found out from Faridah, Hanin's mom that when the teacher called out to change class for non Muslims, I think Hanin asked Rayyan, you're Malay right? we'll stay here for Agama... Rayyan pi cakap.. no I'm English.. my father's English, so I follow my father... hahahaha

Masa bila pulakla aku ni mat salleh... hehe me and Faridah ketawa and we chatted about the fact that we never taught the kids that they are Malay ke orang tu Chinese ke, orang tu Indian ke.. even the other day when I asked who is your new friend at Kumon? Is she Chinese? No.. she's English... because she speaks English... hehe Faridah also cerita pasal anak dia lagi satu who is in Year 4 (Hanin's brother).. dulu cikgu buat announcement.. pelajar-pelajar Melayu semua pergi ke... (somewhere).. he sat there doing nothing... dia pun tak tau dia Melayu ke apa... and lagila muka dia memang Chinese face habis.. haha..

So tula cerita camana he ended in Moral class instead of Agama... next came the PJ class.. we made him wear the PJ tshirt under the uniform, and brought the track bottom in his bag.. since PJ was only during the 3rd period.. bebudak lain dah memang pakai baju PJ lengkap all the way from home... rupa2nya the day after, Gurubesar announced, on days yang ada PJ, the kids can wear the PJ attire throughout the whole day...

bagus gila... so boleh save tak pakai uniform for 2 days... the 3 sets of uniform I bought for him were just nicelah.. seminggu pakai takyah nak basuh2 balik to be worn in the same week... boleh longgok seminggu baru basuh... but since Ropi the part-time maid dah ada.. hari2 gak dia basuh...

The recess and time lain macam biasa.. nothing much different...

So that was TUESDAY...



0 comments: