Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Taekwondo Thursday... first week of primary school

Thursday:

So every Thursday is Taekwondo day.. starts at 1.15pm ends at 2.15pm at the school hall. Last Thursday, Ja sent him to school as always and told Rayyan again that I wouldn't be at the school during recess, and that I would only see him when school ended.

Yup.. I wasn't at the school during recess, nor was I spying.. hehe in fact even Hanin's mom was not around during recess...

But I told Rayyan to wait for me at the canteen when the school is over for the day... I came about 10 minutes early and waited at the canteen. Bila kelas dah habis je and the kids rushed to the canteen to meet their parents I was trying to locate Rayyan... I saw him.. pulling his Ben 10 roller school bag all the way, passed the canteen without looking left and right.. walking straight to the fish pond....


I asked him why didn't he wait for me at the canteen... dia kata he already promised Hanin to meet her at the fish pond.. where was Hanin? He said Hanin was still packing her bag and will be at the fish pond soon... Hanin is the one behind him with the pink bag in this photo..

I came prepared with Chinese Fried Rice for him to get a quick meal before his Taekwondo class started about half an hour later. Lepas makan at the fish pond, brought him to the toilet and tukar baju sukan.. then went to the school hall to register for the Taekwondo club.. they were out of Taekwondo uniform for Rayyan's size.. so Rayyan has to wait till after Chinese New Year before he could wear one...

At the Taekwondo class, I met my primary school friend Shazrin, who also has a Year 1 kid there joining the club. She has another son in Year 4. The elder brother had to quit Taekwondo because of asthma... everytime ada Taekwondo, next day MC. So the uniform dapatla kat adik dia... Chatted with Shazrin throughout the Taekwondo class as parents were allowed to sit at the back of the hall throughout the class...


The Taekwondo club is run by a husband and wife team.. Mr & Mrs Leong.. the first half of the class Mr Leong laid down the ground rules of the sport... it's only meant for self defense and not for fighting... and self defense mean defending ourselves from being hurt by others.. BUT NOT defending ourselves from being caned by our parents!! hahaha so bila mak bapak nak rotan, tak boleh guna Taekwondo to defend yourselves! hehehe..

Then Mrs Leong took over with the warm ups and the intro moves of Taekwondo... Mrs Leong was strict but very fun...

Rayyan really enjoyed himself and actively participated in it... cool! :)





0 comments: